Hunter Douglas Window Fashions Bring Beauty to Your Rooms:
Function and fashion are possible with the right custom window treatment. Whether you are looking for a traditional look or one that says you’re up on the latest design trends, Hunter Douglas custom window coverings are designed with versatility built in. Shades, blinds, drapes or shutters can soften a stark space or dress up a drab one. What makes a room beautiful? It’s all about the window coverings.
Here are five questions to ask yourself before making your selection:
1) Light – How much light does the room require – is it a public space where company might gather or private where you may want to consider room darkening possibilities. Window treatments can change not just what you see in a room, but how you feel in it.
2) Privacy – Is the view important to you or is total obstruction from neighbors necessary? Your selection can safeguard your privacy without sacrificing style or light. Choices range from sheer to blackout fabrics.
3) Energy Efficiency – Windows are energy escape holes, even when closed. Your choice of window covering may allow you to save on utility costs by significantly reducing heat loss in winter (R-value) and heat gain in summer (U-value.)
4) UV Protection – Our bright, sunny vistas go on forever. But those intense rays can wreck havoc on fabrics, floors and artwork. Hunter Douglas window treatments offer superior UV protection to help prevent fading.
5) Safety – Designed to make your home as safe as it beautiful, Hunter Douglas’s innovative and child safety lift systems are superb. Choose from a variety of
possibilities including Power Rise® 2.0 with Platinum™ Technology (radio frequency remote control) and/or LiteRise® Hunter Douglas’s proprietary design for a smooth and effortless cordless operation.
Once you’ve considered your needs and answered these five questions, you can move on to color and style and then the fun begins!